Saturday, July 16, 2011

Two Weeks In...

It is hard to believe that I have been here just over two weeks! I remember when I was here in 2008 to student teach, I was so homesick and lonely on my second day here. This time, however, I have not been homesick once! God has allowed me to feel at home here. I have been very welcomed by those I knew from student teaching, as well as my neighbors, and other staff members. Plus, thanks to Skype, Facebook, and e-mail, I am able to check in with my family and friends often. :)


I have been blessed by arriving a couple weeks before new staff orientation, which starts Tuesday. Six to seven weeks prior to moving here, so much happened. My mom passed away on May 9th. After her funeral, I went back to work for the last two weeks of school. Then I moved out of my classroom, out of my apartment, and into my dad's house. In the midst of the chaos of moving so many places, my brother got married. Seeing as how I was the maid of honor, I was pretty busy planning and executing those plans. After the wedding was my brother's Iowa wedding reception. A few days later I was on my way to the airport. Once I got here, I realized I had no time to process everything that happened the past month and a half. Therefore, I have been so thankful for these two weeks to sit and relax.


As I mentioned earlier, I will be starting new staff orientation on Tuesday. All new staff with gather for meetings from Tuesday to Friday. I am very excited to get to know all the new staff members! Next week I will also start planning for my classroom, printing off my reading curriculum, and doing as much as possible without being in my classroom. The ES (Elementary School) principal does not anticipate the classroom being ready until a day or two before school starts. Therefore, I must prepare and be diligent with my time when I am able to set up my classroom.


A last thought for you... Today I went to Starbucks in a local mall. In Ames, IA, I was blessed to be in an amazing Bible study. Before I left, I was given an independent study of Jude. So as I sat in Starbucks, I dug into God's Word. I love finding the facts, the cross references, repeated words, etc.  I pray that God will give me diligence to continue and that I am able to keep the excitement!


Until I write again,
         Jodi   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment